WEEK 21 (Loon, Bohol)

January 31, 2016


Kumusta...

Wow- ya ok i was meant for Bohol--it is absolutely beautiful here and I kinda sometimes feel like I am living in a dream when I am trekking around.  My area of Loon is huge!!  Like huge huge, so it is a big challenge to white wash because Sister Panorel and I have no idea where to go. Also, being in a small branch is different- I love it because the members are strong but missionaries really help in church... I spoke yesterday-- ya, wow.... first talk in Bisaya.  Difficult.  But we are getting help from members to find our way around.  Also I forgot my camera (oops) but our house is the cutest little one roomer.. I love it.  I have always wanted to live in a one room house, so dream fulfilled.

A lot of Loon was destroyed in a huge earthquake in 2013, so there is still a lot of wreckage and broken roads and houses everywhere which is sad and sometimes makes travel difficult.  Also, riding buses here is like the most fun thing... it's like a combination of going way too fast for such a big vehicle to riding Indiana Jones at Disneyland.... free amusement park ride.

My companion doesn't speak english surprisingly, so that's a good change for me--also sometimes exhausting.  But she is so cute and from Mindanao. I pray that we will be able to find some new investigators soon- the area book is bare from lack of people.  Also, found out in Lilo-an that some of the Flores' will be getting baptized!  That makes me so happy, but also sad that I had to leave them :/ transfers are hard. 

gtg ttynw (talk to you next week ) 

Sister Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment