WEEK 40 (Panglao)

June 13, 2016

Wow!! Thursday I'm halfway done with my mission!!  SAD!  The time really flies let me tell ya. 
Things in Panglao started off really good this week and ended sadly- there was a random rainstorm on Sunday morning and literally almost no one came to church.  Only the few members with a car. So that was a bummer and kinda a let down since we were planning on having 7 investigators there. And the Cababahay's didn't make it so their baptism is pushed back.  We taught them earlier today and they were both really disappointed with themselves for not going and have felt horrible about it.  They had their interview for their baptism and are ready!!  They just need to keep their smaller commitments. But I am full of gratitude for the changes I have seen in their lives since they have accepted the Gospel.  Before they were a couple really struggling with controlling their tempers and were always arguing with each other- both struggled with pride and forgiving each other.  But now- they don't leave the house with out saying family prayer and they are so supportive of each other and growing their relationship with God.  It's beautiful.  And even though I still have trouble sometimes completely understanding what they say (they speak a different, deeper dialect of Bisaya and so flippin fast) I am so humbled and grateful for my opportunity to teach them with Sister Samoya.  We love them- they are our first full family we have taught and are amazing.  To think it all started my 2nd day in Panglao and a legit 3 min convo with Sister Sabeth at the tabay (well) as she walking away I yelled "pwede magbisita mi nimo " (can we visit you ) and she said "hm puhon" (soon) which is really the non-confrontational Filipino way of saying never.... but we did. :))) 
Funny thing from this week:
Found out from Anna Marie that it is a Filipino tradition to cut off your babies hair on their 1st bday and if you want them to be godly you put it in a Bible.  If you want them to go abroad you put it in a passport, etc.  I laughed pretty hard.  I wonder where she will put Joy Joy's?

I also had the chance to attend Sister Jessah's baptism this week (she is deaf and mute) and it was one of the most spiritual moments of my life so far.  She was so excited and after when she bore her testimony in sign- the room was completely silent and we couldn't understand her but you could just feel her spirit and her testimony. It's hard to describe but was a truly beautiful moment.  Also two longtime RMs (like dad's age) came to Panglao and saw us and stopped to talk to us- it was so cool!!! They had served here 21 years ago and had some awesome stories and some of their converts are big time leaders in our mission.  It was fun to talk to them a bit- and inspired me and Samoya to keep on pushin!! 

No effort is wasted! No matter how hot, how sick, or how exhausted I feel-- I absolutely love every aspect of being a missionary.  I love how safe I feel, how much I feel God's love for everyone and everything around me, I love learning and teaching about this 100% true gospel.  The only true church on this earth.  I am grateful to be a part of it.  I love you all!

(P-day on Wednesday next week because of mission farewell conference for Pres. Tanner.)

Cababahay Family



Waiting for a tricycle :))
Jessah's Baptism
Cockroach kill...I really hate those things and they don't die!


Baby Joy Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment