WEEK 48 (Sagbayan)

August 7, 2016



Another week, wow, and boy did we work hard. my legs hurt from so much biking, but at the same time I want to bike more....

We again didn't have any our investigators show up at church, but it's ok because we had some amazing spiritual lessons this week with new investigators so I have lots of hope for next week. All four of us here have been really busy because Sagbayan just became a branch and Elder Bell became the new branch president. Yesterday we had the most organized sacrament meeting I have been too since my farewell.  It was awesome- under his direction, Sagbayan is gonna become a powerhouse for the Calape district. And that leads me to my job- with most of the members in Sagbayan only being members for less than a year. Our job as missionaries is to teach them how to fulfill their new callings, and I am in charge of the Young Women's program. Of course I was a bit nervous at first when I realized I would be "training" 22 year Louie May (isn't that the cutest name)  who got baptized 4 weeks ago how to become a Young Women's president... but mostly just excited!!!  I realize how prepared I was for this in high school and I was so happy that I was involved with the youth. We have amazing young women here- about 15 and they are so proud and strong in their new-found testimonies. Yesterday I taught YW's about families and it was so fun! I am excited to teach next week... When they all stood up to give the theme for the first time I got chills. The church is beautiful all over the world.  I love how I have met people from all over and we are just instantly family and best friends because of our mutual love for the gospel. I think that's why the church is growing so big here in the Philippines.  These people are family and gospel orientated.. They love our message because it's true!! . Who wouldn't want to here how we can live together with the ones we love most forever.

I have been thinking a lot about how beautiful this country is- God is everywhere- its is the center of their government, their daily lives.. even if its based of some different beliefs--they still love him and Jesus Christ. It scares me that I will be going home to a country that has forgotten God and how much he is over our lives. I am so grateful for my mission and the things I have learned so far and I know will continue to learn. This life is hard, the world is harsh and it's only getting worse. As we get closer and closer to the end- evil will only grow and grow. But I am not scared- just strong in my faith that as long as we stick to our covenants and promises with God he will not forget nor forsake us. We have to be prepared. not prepared in things or possessions but spiritually prepared... Life is not easy. Satan is smart. But if we stay close to the light and the truth we will be happy and live with God again. I have been studying the Old Testament in correlation with the Book of Mormon- we are so lucky to have the scriptures as guides for our lives! They are written for us- to help us. I love this time I have to really learn from them everyday. 

Training is going good. sometimes it's hard but I love helping Sister Monteras and in turn learning from her. We went on splits with STLs (who are also our roomies :) and me and Sister Tatarata-Marheahea had the best day!!! We were tracting and every house we went too we had a new kid follow us until the end we were tracting with 10 kids following us. It was the cutest. Also while biking we got caught in a huge rainstorm and I couldn't stop laughing yet was kinda scared for my life.. I took a video (not safe, I know) but its was funny. 

okkk, I am outta time.  I get to go to Cebu this week for a trainers meeting- I hope I'll see some members in Liloan!! 

Sister Cuuok (how i have to say my name so people understand.. o's are different here haha) 

p.s i can speak pretty fast in bisaya now. i love it. people say i sound like a native sometimes, YUS. my saying is: "oo,taga amerika ko apan 100% pinoy sa akong kasingkasing.. " char
means: yea im from america but i am 100% filipina in my heart... cheesy huh haha
LOVE YUUU!! SEND ME MAIL :)))))) 

ESPECIALLY YOU MATT, CAM AND EMILY. ayaw kalimot sa akoa. 

 

 

After the rain

Missionaries from around the world!
  


Momma and baby



No comments:

Post a Comment