WEEK 52 (Sagbayan)

September 4, 2016




Well first week of second transfer in Sagbayan Bohol. Rainy season has officially started... we all got stuck in the rain twice this week and got soaking wet.  It was pretty funny!!!
 

 One time it was raining so hard I couldn't even see in front of me and I had no umbrella. Every umbrella I buy here breaks in like a week haha. 

video


So I guess they finally decided that our camping house with a CR with no door wasn't good for four sisters so we moved!! Our new house is brand new and so nice I feel like I'm in a hotel sometimes... it has tile and a flushing toilet and a shower head. It's too weird. But nice!!  But we moved on a Saturday morning and the next day I woke up and was so sore I was like what the heck-- then I was pretty embarrassed to realize I was so sore from moving a few boxes.... I guess a year of mission life will do that to ya.. 

Oh but before we moved we had this huge dried fish given to us by one of our investigators and we forgot about it and it started stinking so I just chucked it out the window... and then for the next 3 or 4 days we had this like wild pack of dogs living outside our house... it was crazy!! I felt like I was watching wolves on discovery channel.. so good thing we moved haha.

 

The Bells had a new bike made for our mission and guess who is the guinea pig- meee!  It's great! pretty much a beach cruiser with gears. and not pink! haha

Well life is good. Despite challenges I'm loving life as a missionary here in the Philippines and I honestly cant imagine it any different! I think I'll stay here forever!! I have been studying Alma 26:12 and trying to memorize it in Bisaya because it is just so beautiful and true. I am nothing without the Lord's help- he helps my weaknesses become strengths.  I think everyday I find a new weakness but everyday I find a new way to rely on the Lord and trust in Him. I am so lucky to have all that I have. I am lucky to have a family who loves me, I am lucky to have had the childhood I had. But most of all I'm lucky of my knowledge of the Gospel and my relationship with Heavenly Father- nothing in the world would I trade for that. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon- we don't have to be confused or lost here on earth. There is a plan for us, The true church of Christ is on this Earth today. A true prophet of God guides us today. 

I love being able to teach about it everyday- because when people do accept, and when they do realize our message is true, the result is everlasting joy.  

gihiguma tika! amping mu diha! 
sister cook

 " Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. "

Cute boys drew me a picture!  JonJon and Jonvic


Cute Alexis...child of our investigator








No comments:

Post a Comment