WEEK 57 (Sagbayan)

October 9, 2016


Hello-

I know i just sent a group email thursday but I just have to share my experience this past weekend. First off, Conference was amazing. It's amazing how inspired our prophet and apostles are- they really spoke from God and i think address so very serious issues. I loved really loved Elder Cook's talk from Saturday session (no bias) and President Nielsen's also. The Jandayan came and sat through all 4 hours of sunday session ( i was so happy it was all in Bisaya for the members) and despite the length the really enjoyed it. Sister Linda Reeves gave a talk about repentance that really hit brother. When we went over the later that night he had a lot of questions about the process.. and after talking about it we realized that he has some other things that he needs to take care off from his past life before he gets baptized. I am so grateful for the inspiration Sister Reeves received to write and give her talk that really inspired brother and helped him know about the importance of the repentance process. He and his family really mean so much to me. 

I was worried about brother because I know this is gonna be a hard process for him. But as I was thinking about it this morning I was just overcome with a peace and just overwhelming feeling that it doesn't matter what he did. He can become clean. He can be forgiven. That is the power of the atonement in our lives. That is what Christ did for each one of us. That is why I am here- to share this Gospel and this truth with whoever will accept and listen. Jesus Christ loves us. He died for us. I know this is true. I know that his restored gospel is true, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints is His church today. I know that without a shadow of a doubt. He runs it through living prophets, just like in times of old.

 I love my Savior, my testimony of Him and my relationship has grown so much since starting my mission. I see the blessing of God everyday everywhere I go. It has changed me and i will continue to serve him with all my might, mind, heart and strength everyday here in the Philippines and everyday for the rest of my life. 
Because he Lives. We can have peace. We can be clean. We can live again. 



Sister Ryan Ashley Cook 

No comments:

Post a Comment