WEEK 69 (Danao)

January 8, 2017

hello!!

Nice and stormy here in Cebu.. we are experiencing a little typhoon but it's mostly just a nice breeze and rain.  Last night I pulled my mattress out by our balcony and had a beautiful night sleep with some natural air instead of a fan... it's the little things... :) 

This week has been busy with the Leadership meeting and then we had to go on emergency splits a little but we still had a great week in the work. We have been teaching the Bayo family. Brother has lots of questions and feels like he has always been searching for something. They are pretty receptive so far but didn't make it to church on Sunday...  But with the strong rains not that many people did.. Keep them in your prayers. 

We also had a baptism of a sweet lady on Saturday.  I taught her a few times before her baptism and its was so powerful to hear her testimony of how the restored gospel has brought her closer to Christ and answered the questions she has been searching for. She kept saying: "I am a new Virginia. A New life."  It was a great service and was put on completely by the ward-- we just had to be there!  I forgot that's how it's supposed to be. 

I love studying about Agency because I am so grateful we have the power to choose here on earth. We have the power to choose to follow Christ and to do the right thing..  No one forces us.  Sometimes it's hard when we see people making hard choices, I feel so sad when someone I know rejects the Gospel. I can only imagine the pain and sadness our Heavenly Father feels. I am so grateful I chose to come on a mission, I can't imagine my life if I hadn't..  I have found so much of myself and who God wants me to be. 

Anyways, sorry my emails are short. Blame it on the exhaustion. :D 

Luv you!!! 

 

































 

 
 
 













































No comments:

Post a Comment